- SAFe Scrum Master
SAFe Scrum Master
OUR BIGGEST SALE EVER! 25% OFF WITH CODE: FEB25
Round the clock expert tutor support
- Fully accredited training course
- Supplied by ILX Group
- FREE exam voucher
- 12 months access
- 12+ hours of course material
- Practice exams & revision modules
- Increase your earning potential by 25%
- Expert tutor support
Why take this course?
APMG International Agile Project Management is a practical agile framework which combines the control of proven best practices with the adaptability, fast pace and empowerment of Agile. It also incorporates elements of the Dynamics Systems Development Method (DSDM), an Agile methodology which offers enhanced discipline for project management practitioners.
The proven effectiveness of Agile approaches and processes has made them a favorite for project managers the world over. They encourage an iterative management style, encouraging collaboration, self-organization and adaptability. By focusing on short term gains, they make it far easier for project leaders to keep stakeholders and clients engaged. Avoiding stringent plans can also leave managers better able to adapt when necessary.
The Agile Project Management framework is ideal for team members and managers working in project-focused environments. It teaches a detailed approach that is practical, repeatable and adaptable, allowing virtually any business or organization to utilize it for projects of any size or type.
Following the Agile Project Management framework offers a number of advantages for organizations, but it can also be beneficial for aspiring and experienced managers. Earning the certification and gaining practical experience in applying it can provide a manager with the tools to progress their career, both in terms of gaining more responsibility and accessing higher salaries. Passing the Foundation examination will also enable candidates to move on to Agile Project Management Practitioner courses.
This APMG International AgilePM® Foundation Online course is offered by ILX Group, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd.
This course is ideal for:
- Managers and team members working in project-focused environments who would like enough practical knowledge to be able to make valuable contributions to project teams, creating tangible benefits such as faster completion rates, greater adaptability and higher ROIs
- Anyone seeking to make project management a part of their career and gain a certificate to validate their skills so as to be far more attractive to potential employers
- Anyone wishing to utilize the framework to open up further training opportunities – By preparing to move on to certifications such as Agile Project Management Practitioner, a candidate can set themselves up to take on upper-level management roles and responsibilities. Eventually, they may even want to pursue elite-level certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Anyone wanting to pass the official APMG-International AgilePM Foundation exam
Claudine Peet – Project & Change Management Expert, Author, Training Consultant, Good e-Learning Ambassador
Session 1 - Course Introduction (what is Agile?)
In this session, students will be introduced to the basic concepts of AgilePM and its history, along with its eight underlying principles.
Session 2 - Roles & Responsibilities
This session introduces the recommended roles and responsibilities within APM and gives a general understanding of each.
Session 3 - Instrumental Success Factors, DSDM Process & Products
This session examines three key aspects of DSDM, beginning with how ISF’s help bring about a successful outcome. It goes on to look at the process model which supports the method and the products produced throughout the project.
Session 4 - Planning & Control
This session examines how agile responds to change rather than following a plan and explores planning, testing and the tracking and control concepts. The sessions goes on to outline the DSDM approach to planning and quality throughout the lifecycle.
Session 5 - Daily Stand-ups & Other DSDM Practices
In this session, students will take a detailed look at the concept of Daily Stand-ups and how AgilePM uses different techniques to improve project communications.
Session 6 - MoSCoW Prioritisation & Timeboxes
This session looks at techniques such as the MoSCoW principle and the concept of Timeboxing in an agile project.
Session 7 - Exam Technique & Simulator
This session introduces users to the format of the AgilePM Foundation exam and provides some useful tips when taking the examination. There will also be a timed exam simulator, which provides access to a comprehensive database of practice questions.
What you need to know about the exam:
- This is a multiple choice exam consisting of 50 questions
- There is a time limit of 40 minutes to complete the exam
- The exam is closed book, with only the provided materials being permitted for use
- The pass mark for the exam is 50%: you must get 25 out of 50 questions correct