It is always exciting to start a new role, whether you are starting a new role in same career path or translating into an entirely new role. The first weeks in a new job can be very daunting especially lots of new things to start getting used to. There may be some challenging moments, new organisational culture to get used to, lots of new names to memorise in a short period etc.
Below are some tips on how to fit in properly and start off on a good note as a project manager:
- Try build a friendly relationship and maintain a professional rapport with your colleagues. Remember names and understand the organisational structure so you can know how to fit into the culture.
- Evaluate your team members and resources available to work with and draw out a feasible plan that will enable you manage your resources, team members and project effectively.
- Map out a plan. Every good project manager must have a good plan in place in other to succeed. Starting a new role mean you will need to evaluate existing plans and available resources in other to make a good plan.
- Ask as many question as you can. There are many new things to learn when starting a new role, never feel it is out of place to ask about things that would enable you thrive on your new role.
- Enjoy your new role and never feel pressured. Keep a professional relationship and stay positive minded.